Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dinner, Pictures, and Ray

It's only Tuesday and this week is proving to be another bitch. I have in my possession some soundbytes from Simon Cowell that will prove VERY useful in the next few days for "the singer" at work. Today was pretty damn trying.

I CRAVED Polish comfort food. So it was potato pancakes and kielbasa, baby! Always BAKE or GRILL the kielbasas...NEVER EVER boil them. Same deal with hot dogs. Bake/grill...NEVER boil. It's just the Polish way...
We've always done this with some spinach and cottage cheese, not pictured. Don't ask me why, it's just the way it was served since I was a kid. I think it had something to do with the "balanced meal" sort of thing.

Backtracking, I got a couple cool shots of the sky on my way home. First one is sort of phallic...yeah, I'm a perv...


OOh, yeah. I finally got to watch "Ray" on FX tonight. I think I'm gonna go out and buy this movie. HOLY COW it was an AMAZING flick. Seriously...if you haven't seen it already, RENT it. Jamie Foxx EARNED his Oscar. Dude NAILED the role. NAILED IT. Amazing. I want to see it again.

Happy hump day, kiddos...

Treble

11 comments:

captain corky said...

Great pics! You should set up a blog of just the pics you take of the sky. They're amazing.

I agree, Ray was a great movie. Have a good day K.

Lady K said...

cork ~ thankks! This cameraphone never ceases to amaze me, and I am quite obsessed with the sky out here. Just when I think mother nature is a bore, she throws some cool shit at me.

Yep, that movie was great. YOU have a great day, too!

Callie said...

I still have to see that movie. I want to. They'll probably show it again sometime this weekend.

Wonderful pics!

limpy99 said...

You have to have applesauce and sour cream with potato pancakes. I think it's a law.

You're dead-on with the grilling though.

Nonnyhatesbeta said...

Hi, I'm alive, in case you were worried. Hope to be back tomorrow. You have no idea what I've been through the last couple weeks.

Miss you! Glad I can always come here for great food and great pictures. I need that stability.

Pud said...

That shit looks good! I'm missing me some U.S. food.

Lady K said...

limpy ~ applesauce and sour cream??? Never heard of such a thing.

I know about the grilling, though. That boiling shit is just gross.

Lady K said...

nonny ~ of COURSE I was worried, but I knew you were getting that massive crotch stink taken care of, so it's all good. Glad you were able to dig your way out of the snowbanks to find that industrial-strength douche.

Lady K said...

pud ~ cooking is therapy. I've been doing a LOT of it lately, but stress prevents me from really enjoying it. Wish I could send you some! I'm gettin' there...

Anonymous said...

It looks like mr.clean died. NEVER boil a hot dog! yuck....

Saints and Spinners said...

Lady K: Oh yeah, applesauce and sour cream on potato pancakes is classic in the Ashkenazi world. There have been family feuds that have lasted decades based on whether or not one should serve sour cream OR applesauce with potato pancakes. I'm a fan of offering both. And even better, offering homemade pear sauce. I like to put a dollop of sour cream on one bite, a dollop of applesauce on another bite, and alternate between the sweet and the sour.

Why oh why am I not over at your house right this minute, eating potato pancakes? Cruel, cruel Lady K to torture me so.