Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Follow-Up

Good news and bad news... The good news is, I got my staples out Monday. It stung, but I'm over it, and since then, the incision has been more comfortable.

Okay, now the bad news, and lots of it...there are some minor complications. (Would you expect anything else from me at this point?) I had a small infection in my incision by my belly-button, so doc had to cut me open a little bit, drain it out, and put some stuffing down in there. Should be healed up in a week or two, but now some "home health care" people have to come every day to change the stuffing in the wound. My mom was here for the first one, so now we both know how to do it, and next week those guys will only have to come about 3 times a week for the next couple weeks.

Oh, and it gets BETTER!!! He couldn't get the drainage tube out. Apparently it's "hung up" on something internally, whether it's a muscle or the internal stitches, we don't know, so I'll be going for yet ANOTHER CT scan Wednesday morning to find out just WTF. I'm losing hope here, (not to mention even MORE weight), kiddos. I thought Monday would have been IT and I'd just have to wait to heal a little more before going back to work, and now this shit. Doc said that this is pretty rare, and it could take up to 6 weeks for the thing to "work itself out." Either that, or they'll take me to the O.R., sedate me completely, and then pull it out. If THAT doesn't work, then I have to get cut open again in a few months. Till then I have to put up with this stupid tube & bulb hanging off my side. Good times!!!

Where the fuck is my vodka?

Keep the good vibes coming, okay? Hope everything is good in all of your own corners of the world! We had an AWESOME winter storm blow in yesterday, and I did get some pics. I just need to download and all that happy shit. We had snow as low as 3300 ft! That's pretty low for down here. If I am up to it, I'll do my best to get some good shots of snow on the lower mountains. It's really pretty when it does happen.

Peace!!!
Treble Shocked Mount Cook

9 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Lady! It's good to hear from you again. It sounds as if you were sent to the Teddy Bear Hospital, what with the stuffing and all. I'm glad for modern medicine-- in times past, the best you could have hoped for was a basket of leeches.

Lady K said...

alkelda ~ EWWW! Leeches!!! Actually, I wish it WERE that simple at this point. They're taking good care of me, though. And I DO have lots of teddy bears surrounding me, as well as my dog.

Big Pissy said...

Good LORD! When will it end?!?!?

Ya know...I never got an email from you. So I'll just tell you on here: I want your mailing address so I can send you a care package!

email me at free2pups@yahoo.com

Seriously! :)

captain corky said...

Not that I'm recruiting you for the Marines or anything...

Lady K said...

BP ~ my bad, I'll email you tonight. Might not make much sense because of the drugs and all, but I'll email ya. I can't WAIT for all this to end.

cork ~ LOL I just asked my mom that tonight when she was helping me change the "packing" and bandages. WTF? ha! And believe me, I'm about pissed off enough TO join the fuckin' Marines at this point.

Anonymous said...

Ph my goodness love, it is never ending!

I am sorry, but yuo are getting better and everything is alright!

limpy99 said...

Hmm, I was going to send a basket of leeches, but Alkelda seems to have put the kibosh on that. Maybe some of that uranium they spoke of so highly as a cure-all at the turn of the century? No? Alright, I'll send a gallon of vodka.

Callie said...

Personally, I prefer whiskey.

:o)

I guess they can't just give you a local, and go in and fish it out, huh? Stupid docs.

I'm sending you all the get well vibes I can spare. Only, with Munchkin sick, there aren't as many to go around.

(((HUGS)))

Pink said...

Sending good vibes - and Baileys