Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ills, Pills, and...

Dessert...

I HAD to get you guys a pic of this dessert I made! Even though the maintenance people STILL haven't fixed the bottom element in my oven, I did my BEST here with some puff pastries and strawberries I had in the freezer (I finally got the gumption to organize it), and this didn't turn out half bad:

It could have used a sprig of mint or a dusting of something for garnish, but I WILL say it was YUMMY. Vanilla custard in the center of a puff-pastry shell and lots of (lowfat) whipped cream and strawberries, with a thin layer of chocolate syrup at the bottom. After a nice meal of a few spinach/cheese ravioli with home-made, homegrown basil-pesto sauce and a salad, this was just what the doctor ordered.

Speaking of doc...knock on wood, I won't have to go back for another year. The pills seem to be working, although the post-op stabs just don't want to stop. I'm getting used to it, and it's a LOT better than what I was going through before I got cut. They say that when you have to have a limb cut off, you can still feel it for awhile, so I'm attributing this pain to "phantom cramps." As long as I don't overdo the workouts, I'm alright...

Hey, whatever it takes, right? Life has become a new adventure! I'm doing my best to embrace it all.

Have a great Monday, chillens! I'm enjoyin' the COLD 60 degree temps (HEY...COLD for AZ, ok??? LOL) in the mornings and being able to sleep with the windows open for a change...

Treble Fall Colors

6 comments:

TheBirdman33 said...

that dessert looks so friggin yummy I just bit the monitor.

TheBirdman33 said...

you are getting better and better!!!

Just hang in there tough girl!

limpy99 said...

Great, now I'm hungry. Bitch.

Big Pissy said...

That food sounds SO good!

Glad you're feeling better! :)

captain corky said...

One year off from visiting the doctor sounds great! And I wish I could have some of that dessert. Yum!

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I need that dessert. I really do.