Alkelda tagged me on "8 Facts/Habits About Myself," and I finally gave it enough thought. I'm sure once I publish this I'll think of 8 more, but Brad the Gorilla also tagged me, so I suppose that gives me free license for another meme. It's all about me, right?
Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Anyway, I'd like to preface this meme by saying I'm being completely honest; please don't judge me! Exit, stage LEFT!!!
1. I'm terrified of the dark, unless there's someone else there, and even then I'm pretty damn uneasy. Yes, I have a "night-light." I'm such a pussy. (Don't START with me, Limpy!)
2. I have a good number of "phobias." I'm claustrophobic if in a confined space for any length of time. I MUST stand right in front of the doors on an elevator. I'm working on that.
I'm mildly agoraphobic ...it takes everything I have to be in a huge crowd without feeling anxious. I don't HATE people, and I'm not afraid to step out, it just makes me nervous to have someone all up in my "personal space." Could be part of being raped at gunpoint when I was 19. Shrug...don't know, but I'm over that. Just don't EVEN ask me to go to the mall around Christmastime.
Acrophobia is another, except on roller coasters and really cool amusement park rides. Looking over the edge of somewhere REALLY high makes me squinch up my butt cheeks, whether the space is enclosed or not. That scene in "Ferris Beuller's Day Off" where they're leaning on the glass of that really tall building freaks me out. It could also be a fear of falling (don't know the name of that phobia), because just being up high doesn't bother me so much as the fall. I DO want to skydive to prove to myself that I can be fearless. One good shove with a tandom diver ought to do it. Or scare me into a sanitarium, one of the two.
Each one of those "phob's" probably deserved its own number but this is MY meme, right? LOL
3. My major pet-peeve is spelling and grammar. I'm guilty of fucking up from time to time. "Dictionary.com" is one of my bookmarks. I used to have a really bad habit of correcting people. "Deaf/death" is HUGE with me. If you can't hear, you're NOT "death." Christ on a trapeze. What, are you, DEAF? (No offense to anyone who's really deaf!)
4. I LOVE PINK FLOYD! (This one probably should have been first.) I can't get enough of them. I especially like listening to them through the headphones, when I have what I like to call, "down-time." While I'm being honest, Karen Carpenter was the reason I became a singer, and I like Neil Diamond and Cat Stevens. A LOT.
5. I had a GREAT childhood. Most, but not ALL, the memories are the best, but I think I turned out alright, and I'm best friends with my parents, who are still together and still in love, and THEY are still best friends. That's just RARE in this world.
6. Flying over water scares the fuck out of me. Hell, see #2, and that's only 1/2 of it! I've never been "across the ocean," but once, on a trip back to Cleveland, we flew a little bit over Lake Erie so the pilot could turn around and land on his designated strip. I nearly soiled myself.
7. I have a really bad habit of tuning people out when they're talking to me about something I have absolutely no interest in. Especially politics. The receptionist at work drives me BATSHIT with her rhetoric, goading one of the IT guys into some sort of debate (can you say, attention whore???). Sometimes I just want to scream, "Shut the fuck up, work is NO PLACE to voice your fucking political (and/or religious) opinion!!!" (Okay, I guess I had to vent a little there...)
8. I secretly like being tickled until my ribs hurt.
This sure has been fun. I, for one, learned some things about meme.
I hereby tag the following people in this Lady's kingdom (yeah, okay, there're 12...so sue me):
Callie (if it's done fucking pouring)
Jerry's Mad Penis
Happy Friday, and everyone have a safe, happy, healthy weekend!!!