Tuesday, September 25, 2007

And the Fun Begins...

Face PlantTwo days back, and I'm already pulling my hair out. The dispatcher decides during her lunch break that she's not feeling well and needs to go home. GREAT. WONDERFUL. (BTW, she seemed great all morning and right before lunch she was in good spirits.)

Apparently this shit has been going on for several weeks, with panic attacks, a car accident, and medication. If she'd take that fucking HAT off, maybe she wouldn't get the panic attacks or "whatever." We are not pleased. I'm still not 100%, but at least I'm staying till 5, no matter how much pain I'm in or how tired or overwhelmed I feel. I've DONE that front desk job, it's NOT all that overwhelming. It can be AT TIMES, but come ON!

And now the temp is gone, so now it's me and the boss carrying the ball. Talk about your karmic payback!!! Hey, at least I have a legit reason and documentation, right???

She was asked to stay home the rest of the week, call Friday, and we'll take it from there. So, not only do I get to do HER job my first week back, I have to try to do MINE, too. Thank GOD I got all the filing caught up this morning or I'd really be in a world of hurt. Speaking of hurt, it doesn't kill me to keep bending and stooping to do things, but when I get home I'm finding myself reaching for the fucking icepack again. I might just bring it to work tomorrow "just in case."

Have I told you guys how much I love my job?

Hey, at least the weather's breaking!!! It's been like 65/70 in the mornings. PERFECT weather to walk the dog. And NO, Alkelda, NOT running! Not yet, at least...

Happy Hump Day!!!

Treble Sunny

4 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

After I posted my comment, I realized that "running around" meant "running errands," not a marathon. Whew.

Lady K said...

LOL! I KNEW you'd finally get it! hee hee!!!! xoxoxox

Lady K said...

callie ~ I couldn't agree with you more.

And thanks! I'm trying. Stress doesn't help the healing process, that's for sure.

Pud said...

Wow! What a welcome back to work you got.

Here's to hoping it gets better.